This is an exempt position that is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation of and participation in the graduate recruitment, admission and marketing process for all FranU graduate programs. The incumbent must function in accordance with the philosophy and mission of the University, and must have an appreciation of Catholic higher education and diversity. The incumbent demonstrates professional behavior consistent with the values of the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady.
Position Title: Director of Graduate Admissions
Position Status: Full Time, 12 months
Reports to: VP for Enrollment Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
This is an exempt position that represents Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University to prospective students, parents, counselors, and the general public on campus and throughout Louisiana and neighboring states, at various recruitment functions such as high school visits, college fairs, and on-campus visits; participates in recruitment functions and programs as a member of the Admissions Recruitment team; conducts admissions presentations to various populations; advises and counsels prospects, applicants, students, and other interested parties on Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University admissions policies, procedures, requirements, and determinations and advises appropriate actions/options according to individual situations; assists with admission application processing and decision-making; coordinates various admission-related programs and activities; and serves as a resource specialist for communication of complex and sensitive information with respect to the application process and admission to the University. The incumbent must function in accordance with the philosophy and mission of the University, and must have an appreciation of Catholic higher education and diversity. The incumbent demonstrates professional behavior consistent with the values of the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady.
- Coordinate and collaborate with all graduate program directors, the Director of Admissions and the marketing department to secure targeted enrollment numbers. This will include development of program specific recruitment and marketing strategies.
- Researches competitors; assists in identifying new markets
- Oversee the use of current department technology to collect and report data and to implement communication plans for all graduate programs
- Coordinate the publication of graduate admissions marketing materials and update existing materials to keep current. This include print pieces, website and social media.
- Research, plan and implement recruitment travel schedule, special graduate admissions events, and assist with marketing campaigns for target groups
- In collaborating with graduate program directors, or their designee, assist in the analysis of recruitment goals with data-based reports
- Organize and coordinate recruitment mailings with the purchase of lists to provide outreach to test-takers, professionals organizations and current inquiries
- In collaboration with the graduate program directors and program support staff, coordinate the execution of the entire application review process (from time the application is received through decision making and communication of decision)
- Create, implement and work with graduate program directors and support staff to manage all communication for outreach to inquiries, applicants and admitted students
- Minimum 3 year related work experience
- Working knowledge of and experience in graduate student recruitment and the admissions/enrollment management field
- Working knowledge of financial aid processes and transfer credit evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a valid LA driver’s license at the time of employment
- Prefer: Working knowledge within a student information system (Colleague/Recruit) and social networks (facebook, twitter, youtube etc) and experience in event planning/facilitation
- Ability to travel, overnights, non-standard hours Ability to lift objects up to 40 lbs. Ability to effectively communicate with prospective students of diverse backgrounds and ages Demonstrated skills in customer service, collaboration, planning, prioritizing and organization.
- Valid LA Driver's License. If moving to Louisiana, Louisiana Driver's License is required within 30 days of the start date.
- Monday- Friday
- Regular travel
- Occasional special events requiring some evenings and/or weekends
- Office environment