What are the admission requirements?

They vary, depending on your field of study, but generally they are:

For entering freshmen: Graduate from an accredited high school, obtain a GPA of 2.5 or better on the TOPS core curriculum or have a GED score of 500 or better, and a minimum ACT composite of 20.

For transfer applicants:  Must obtain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 on all college work attempted. Students with less than 30 credit hours will have to meet entering freshman requirements.

What degrees are offered?

We offer a wide variety of associate, bachelor and master degrees in over 25 areas, including arts and sciences, nursing, and medical lab sciences. See Academic Programs for a complete list of degrees offered.

How do I apply?

Complete an online application or stop by the Office of Admissions at 7525 Picardy Avenue in Baton Rouge.

How big are the classes?

To provide students with the personal attention they need to succeed, we keep class sizes from 17 to 20 students.

Is financial aid available?

Many of our students receive financial aid in the forms of grants, scholarships, and loans.  Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University participates in the TOPS and the Louisiana GoGrant programs.  For additional information, please visit Financial Aid.

What does it cost to attend?

Tuition is charged by credit hour for all programs of study.  The tuition rate is determined by course type.  Fees are charged per credit hour or per semester depending on the fee.  Tuition and fees are assessed at the time a student registers for courses.

Use the tuition and fee calculator to determine specific per-semester costs.

What courses transfer from ________College/University?

To review a list of transfer equivalents click here. Please be aware that the table of transfer equivalents is large and may take several minutes to load. (A broadband connection is recommended.)  If you still have questions about which courses will transfer from another institution you should contact the Office of Admissions, (225) 768-1700, and make an appointment to meet an Admissions Analyst to review your transcript. 

Will your courses transfer to other schools?

Yes, we are a fully accredited institution.  For more information, see our Accreditation page or go to the University Catalog (page 1) for a detailed explanation. Please contact the institution you are transferring to in order to verify transferable credits.

Can I apply for work-study programs?

Check out our Federal Work Study page for guidelines and employment opportunities for on- and off-campus community service jobs.

What is FAFSA? When should I submit it?

The FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You should submit your FAFSA as soon as possible to ensure that your application will be processed in time. See our Financial Aid page for more details. (The Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University school code for the FAFSA is 031062.) 

Do you offer Saturday and evening classes?

To help students with busy schedules, or who work part-time, we offer classes on weekdays, evenings, and Saturdays (see Course Schedules).

Do you help graduates find jobs?

We have a career planning specialist who can assist you with a cover letter and resume writing, interview coaching and job search strategies.  Several times a year, the University hosts a Career Fair that connects graduates with employers throughout the Greater Baton Rouge area.

If admitted to a clinical program can I go to class part-time or at night?

The majority of clinical courses are taught during the day, on a free-time basis.  Clinical hours vary by academic program.

If I am having trouble in a course, is tutoring available?

Yes, tutoring is a free service, with no limit to the number of sessions. Tutoring is available for course study, as well as for program placement and state licensing exams. Contact Student Services/Academic Counseling for details about tutoring.

Am I required to take a certain number of courses each semester?

No.  For the most part you have complete control over your schedule. However, depending on your program of study, you may be required to enroll in a prescribed number of credit hours in order to complete the program successfully. See your program of study for more details.  

Are all new students required to take ACSM 1110?

No.  If a student has previous college work with 30 credit hours and a 3.0 grade point average or 45 credit hours or more with a 2.0 grade point average the student is not required to enroll in ACSM 1110.

What does a number followed by XXX mean? Example SOCI 2XXX?

This denotes a course that was transferred in as an elective under that department name.  It is not equivalent in content with a course represented at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University.

Is there a cap for the number of hours taken in a semester?

Students may enroll for a maximum of 19 credit hours during fall and spring and 10 credit hours during the summer term (combined sessions).  The appropriate director or dean may allow students to schedule a maximum of 21 credit hours in the fall or spring and/or 12 credit hours during the summer.

How many hours can a student who is provisionally admitted or on probation register for?

Students who are admitted provisionally may register for no more than thirteen (13) credit hours in the Spring or Fall and no more than seven (7) hours in the summer.  Introduction to College Education and developmental courses may count as part or all of these hours. Students on probation may register for no more than twelve (12) credit hours in the Spring or Fall and no more than six (6) credit hours in the summer.

What are TOPS and Financial Aid Guidelines?

For TOPS purposes students in the nursing program are considered to be full time with 9 or more hours.  For Federal Aid, (grants, loans and work study) a student must enroll in at least 6 hours to receive loans.  For students who fall below 12 hours and are receiving Pell Grants, their grant is pro-rated based on enrollment.

Do you offer completely online programs?

Currently, we offer two completely online programs. For more information about our online programs, please visit the Online Degrees page.