The mission of the Theology program, in union with the teachings of the Catholic church, is to theologically educate and form servant leaders for Christian ministry or graduate education.
The Theology program’s mission aligns with the University mission in three ways:
- It is union with the teaching of the Catholic church;
- It aims to educate integrated thinkers and faithfilled citizens; and
- It aims to form servant leaders in the pattern of St. Francis.
Upon completion of the Theology program graduates will be able to:
- Assess a theological or ministerial problem by the appropriate use of Catholic scripture.
- Apply the theological principles of Catholic systematic theology to contemporary theological, spiritual, or ministerial problems.
- Organize significant Christian events historically.
- Evaluate ethical decisions from the perspective of Catholic moral theology.
- Construct written and oral presentations for academic or catechetical audiences.