Child Care Access Means Parents In School (CCAMPIS) is a federal grant awarded to FranU by the U.S. Department of Education to help parents successfully complete their undergraduate study. This grant will fund partial childcare assistance to Pell Eligible FranU students who need assistance with childcare. Applicants will be selected based on need and space availability. Because of grant fund limitations, not all who apply will be selected. Participation is limited.
Available Assistance Under the CCAMPIS assistance program, participating students will be able to receive a subsidy for child care services during hours they are engaged in activities related to their FranU courses. A list of approved childcare will be provided to all applicants. The subsidy will not be paid directly to the student; rather, the university will pay the subsidy on the student’s behalf. The student will remain responsible for the remainder of their bill with the childcare facility each month, including possible registration fees.
Sliding Scale Subsidies
1. You must be currently admitted as a degree-seeking undergraduate student at FranU.
2. You must be registered for classes in the same semester or term for which you are applying for benefits. For benefits in the fall or spring semesters, you must be registered for at least 6 credits that semester.
3. You must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 in courses taken to date at FranU. (Not applicable to newly admitted students.)
4. You must currently receive a Pell Grant or be eligible to receive a Pell Grant based on the Expected Family Contribution computed by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
5. You must agree to attend one FranU parent/guardian meeting during each term or semester in which you receive assistance under this program and to complete questionnaires and/or surveys intended to help us monitor the quality and impact of the program.
How to Apply
1. Complete the online application (applications for Fall 2022 will open in August. Updates will be sent via email.)
2. The CCAMPIS Advisory Committee will review your application and select a group of student-parents at the beginning of every semester. Please note:
o Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis
o Awards will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis
o When cohort slots are filled, we will start a wait list
o If an opening becomes available, the CCAMPIS Coordinator will contact you
3. The CCAMPIS Coordinator will contact you to let you know whether you’ve been selected for the program. If you’ve been accepted into the program, you will meet with the coordinator to go over your child care subsidy amount, the requirements of the program and help you review the list of eligible child care providers.
For more information please contact Dr. Alison Wells, Dean of Students, at 225-490-1620 or Alison.Wells@franu.edu