Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University received financing approval for the first major building project in the history of the University. The 75,000 square foot, three-story building will be dedicated to academic and student development functions at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
St. Francis Hall represents the initial step in the development of the University’s campus master plan. Located at the corner of Brittany Drive and Picardy Avenue, this building will serve as the front door to a cohesive and identifiable campus.
Driven by the University’s mission, the facility will provide an interactive and student-centered environment. The building will contain modular spaces that can support multiple educational activities and social events of varied sizes. Learning outside of the classroom will be facilitated by interactive student spaces adjacent to instructional spaces, promoting ongoing synergies between formal and informal learning and enhancing the relationship-based education characteristic of a Franciscan University.
Anyone interested in partnership or investment opportunities can contact Judith Roberson at (225) 526-1754. Click here for a list of available naming opportunities.
Demolition to the administration building began August 17, 2021. Date of completion is set for December 2022.
The Groundbreaking Ceremony was held on October 14 with a large turnout in attendance. A blessing was done by Bishop Michael G. Duca, and there were remarks from Dr. Tina Holland, FranU Board Chair Craig Netterville, and Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome. A reception followed the program.
The full video of the Groundbreaking Ceremony can be viewed here.
The Beam Signing was held on January 24 with an amazing turnout. Students, faculty, and staff were able to leave their mark on St. Francis Hall.
Photo taken March 16, 2022.
Sunday Journal: The New FranU
The Catholic Commentator: FranU receives Approval to Build St. Francis Hall
WAFB: Groundbreaking Ceremony
WBRZ: Groundbreaking Ceremony
InRegister: Faces of Community